The CDC estimates that nearly 50 million Americans suffer from chronic pain. Chronic pain is one of the most common reasons that adults seek medical care and - when left untreated - can lead to a reduced quality of life, poor job performance, and depression. Many of those who suffer from chronic pain turn to pain medication to manage their symptoms, which can, unfortunately, lead to a dangerous dependency on opioids or other painkillers.
If you are one of the 50 million Americans who suffer from pain in your nerves, joints, or muscles, it’s likely that you’re constantly seeking out relief from your ailments. Luckily, CBD offers incredible health benefits that provide a safer, all-natural alternative to the dangerous, addictive medicines prescribed by doctors.
Read on to learn how CBD can help you manage your chronic pain.
Chronic Nerve Pain
Chronic pain is often caused by internal fibers known as nerves. Nerve pain - also known as neuropathic pain - is a shooting, stabbing, or burning sensation caused by damage to the nerves that carry messages to the brain. It can also present as an uncomfortable tingling sensation that extends through the hands, fingers, and other extremities. Although often due to a traumatic injury, this type of chronic pain can also be caused by autoimmune diseases, endocrine disorders, cancerous tumors, and repeated stress to certain areas of the body.
There are several different types of nerve pain, including…
- Post-Herpetic. Pain that occurs in areas previously affected by a shingles rash.
- Occipital. Pain at the base of the neck that extends to the entire head.
- Trigeminal. Pain that affects the jaw, cheek, or face.
- Pudendal. Pain between the legs.
Can CBD Treat Nerve Pain?
The Foundation For Peripheral Neuropathy recognizes CBD as an effective way to treat neuropathic pain. According to their website, CBD and other chemicals found in medicinal marijuana can “reduce chronic pain and muscle spasms associated with neuropathy.” They also acknowledge CBD’s impressive anti-inflammatory and anti-seizure properties. Independent studies also reveal that CBD and other cannabinoids reduce neuropathic pain in people who suffer from multiple sclerosis.
Which CBD Products Should I Use To Reduce Chronic Pain?
If you’re looking to treat chronic nerve pain with Atmos CBD, these products are a great place to start…
- 300 mg Muscle Roll-On. Apply this topical product to targeted areas where chronic pain, tingling, or numbness occurs.
- Atmos 250mg / 18mL Sublingual Oil. This product is quickly absorbed into the body and offers safe, fast-acting relief from a variety of aches and pains.
- Atmos CBD Gummies. Available in a range of flavors, our CBD-infused edibles are an easy way to benefit from the healthful effects of CBD.
There is no one-size-fits-all treatment for anyone who suffers from chronic pain. Products that contain CBD, however, are a far safer way to find relief than addictive medications or dangerous alternatives like recreational drugs and alcohol.