Getting adequate sleep is one of the most essential yet overlooked necessities in one’s life, which has led many people to wonder if there is anything behind the idea of CBD for sleep improvement.
According to studies, an estimated 50 to 70 million people in the US spanning all ages suffer from sleeplessness.
So, If you’re thinking of trying CBD to address sleeping problems, then you’re in luck. Here we breakdown how CBD oil can help you relax and get a good shut-eye.
The Relationship Between CBD and Sleep
There are endless reasons why people may not be able to fall asleep. It can be due to mental issues (such as depression, anxiety, or PTSD), certain medicines, pain, noise, or caffeinated beverages.
Although CBD research has a long way to go, experts believe that it can help treat anxiety, and every sort of pain, which contributes to sleeplessness.
How can CBD oil make you sleep like a baby?
CBD oil improves the sleep process because of its triggering effect on the body’s endocannabinoid system. This biological system regulates various body functions, including sleep, appetite, memory, and mood.
CBD is considered a phytocannabinoid that can interact indirectly with cannabinoid receptors, which as a common effect encourages the body to sleep and regulate other sleep-disturbing hormones.
It has been used in holistic medicines worldwide for centuries. When you use CBD oil of high quality, it can help your body with a lot more than just regulating sleep, including:
- Relief from stress and anxiety
- Aiding chronic pain and inflammation
- Improving the quality of sleep
- It can be taken from anywhere in the US without a prescription.
- Legal is US (as long as THC is below 0.3%)
Does CBD oil have side effects?
Generally, many people can easily use CBD oil without experiencing any adverse side effects. However, some people might share a few acute enough to lead to any severe problems.
Even though CBD oil is not harmful to the body, do not use CBD oil if:
- You are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- You are on medication that CBD can interfere with
- You have a medical condition. (such as antidepressants or heart medications).
When to take CBD oil?
CBD oil is supposed to be taken orally without being heated or combusted in any form. To expect the best result, take it a few hours before bedtime.
Use a dropper to measure the desired dosage and hold it under your tongue for about 30 seconds. It can be taken on an empty stomach if you wish to see the results faster. However, it will still be as effective if taken after a meal.
Tips to further enhance effects of CBD for sleep
If you want CBD oil’s maximum effect for a good night’s sleep, ensure adequate sleep hygiene. Here are some tips to make your sleep better:
- Set your room to the temperature you enjoy. Nothing better than a cold night’s sleep, right?
- A clean and tidy room - Make your room neat so it can keep you comfortable and peaceful.
- Say no to tech - Put all your screens and tech away a half-hour before bedtime. Let those blue lights exit your system so the melatonin can kick in!
- The darker, the better - Put off every light in the room, from the blink of the A/C to the clock.
- Minimalistic Bedding - Find yourself the coziest blanket that can help maintain your body temperature. Don't let yourself get too warm, and it will lead to restless sleep. Isn't that what we want to avoid?
- Say bye to caffeinated beverages - Avoid consuming caffeinated content a few hours before bedtime. The best would be to finish your last coffee/drink no later than 6 PM. Let that coffee wear off until bedtime.
THE END NOTE
CBD oil has excellent health benefits if taken at the right time with adequate dosage.
There are still researches underway on the complete efficacy and safety of CBD consumption. But so far proved to be a safe and powerful treatment for multiple health issues.
Not a fan of oil? Visit Atmos CBD and discover other alternatives: CBD gummies or CBD lotions.